Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do any shops market small cams anymore? why NOT?

Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of good info in this thread. Those wanting smaller cams should really check out EPS....good results from his 222/226 camshaft. I believe there is a thread floating around here about that cam.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm only 20 years old, but I can vaguely remember the LS engine Camaro coming out (at least the first few years of production). I've been getting Car and Driver since i was ten. That Camaro was the only car that i really ever wanted, so I bought one with the help of Mom and Dad (helped fund it, but have never to this day paid a dime) when I turned sixteen. I still own that car, and care for it as much as the day I bought it, if not more. I suppose I am one of these youngsters that you mods and others have been referring to, though I don't feel like one. And I've only become interested in modding it over the past year. So I sold my bike and spent the cash on a cam/supporting mods swap. I was torn between big and small cam discussions for weeks. Still not being able to make up my mind, I chose one that i believed to be right in the middle (low to mid 230's, in my sig). This cam is still driven on the stock tune (waiting to get heads, intake before dyno tune), and it really doesnt phase me. It doesn't perform like I know it will with better parts and a tune, but overall I'm glad I chose it and didn't get a John Holmes cam instead Can't wait for gears too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do any shops market small cams anymore? why NOT?