Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White smoke at idle?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White smoke at idle?

Today I noticed that I had a lose o2 on the drivers side when I was putting on some new clamps to seal my leaking race pipes. I tightened the o2 and then the old lady and I take off to the three doors down concert. When we were pulling into the parking area I noticed that the car had a considerable amount of smoke behind it.

After the concert I start the car and initially there is no smoke but after it sits Idling for awhile the smoke starts again. The car is running really well. At 3000 Rpm's on a wot run the freaking tires break loose all the way through first and second.....

I checked the oil and it looks normal. Coolant level is good and no oil appears to be in it. The temperature level is normal, no overheating. No SES light. It's still night so I can't really tell what color the smoke is.

The only thing I can think of that may be a problem is that my wiring harness after the header install is sitting on the header and may have burned some of the wiring.

The only thing different is that since the header install the exhaust has been leaking and now it's not.

The car has 9100 miles on it....

I'll check the plugs in the morning. Any Ideas? Could I have run the damn thing lean and jacked something up? Could it just be running really rich? The exhaust doesn't smell sweet. It does however, give me a headache when I stand behind it for a few minutes..

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Leatherneck ]</small>
Old 11-03-2002, 03:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: White smoke at idle?

What kind of clamps did you put on the pipes? If they're the kind with a rubber space, you might be getting them pretty hot with those race pipes. Did you look under the car? Maybe you left a rag or some extra material under/in the car? Maybe the clamps are just burning off the oil film, dirt, etc. that built up from sitting on the shelf.

Good luck with it

E

Quick Reply: White smoke at idle?