Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help identify this dual valve spring!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help identify this dual valve spring!

So this weekend I was doing a cam swap, the previous owner had installed a GM Hotcam and as I was taking things apart I found that various parts of the valvetrain were upgraded as well. The pushrods were upgraded to Comp 7955 Chromoly pushrods, titanium retainers and some sort of dual valve springs. I purchased new pushrods and Comp 918 valve springs for my cam but it looks like I won't need the pushrods but I'm not sure about the valve springs. Do you guys know what kind of springs these are? They have a red/orange stripe going down the side. If some sort of measurements are needed I'd be glad to provide them. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could have a few tested and see what kind of strength they have and if it is consistent, or toss them and put in the 918s.

What cam are you doing?

Also contact comp about your 918s, there was a bad batch recently and you want to be sure that yours are not included.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the Comp 918 springs. They are not brand new, they have ~300miles on them but I"m not sure when they were originally purchased, I'll have to look into that.

I'm running an older RPM2 cam, I purchased it about a year and a half ago for a real good price and am just now getting around to installing it. If my memory serves me correctly it's something like 232/236 0.580-0.590 on the lift. I can't quite remember.

I believe the valvesprings that are in the car have only a few thousand miles on them...maybe it would be safer just to keep those.