Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pump to pickup tube question.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pump to pickup tube question.

Alright guys, I couldent find an answer on the search so here I am. Alright, when I bolted the pickup tube to the oil pump the piece of metal that the bolt goes through to connect the two was not flush with the flat surface of the oil pump, but looked as it it would amke a seal, and I couldent get it to fit any other way.. The side with the bolt sat flush with it, but the side w/o a bolt was not flat against the pump. Is this normal? I want to make sure of this while the motor is still on a stand so I dont have a problem later on lol.

Thanks guys!

-Lurius
Old 04-22-2007, 01:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A picture says a 1000 words

I was able to push mine on fllush without bolting it down. If its not flush, its possible that the o-ring is getting pinched. I'd check it again.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
A picture says a 1000 words

I was able to push mine on fllush without bolting it down. If its not flush, its possible that the o-ring is getting pinched. I'd check it again.
Dangit lol. This means I have to take the oil pan and frotn cover off to get a good look at it all. Bah lol. Well better now than unexpectedly when I go to start for the first time.

Thanks,
Lurius
Old 04-23-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Well guys, I figured out the culprit...

I am using a roller master double chain timing set.. this set uses spacers to space the oil pump a little further away to clear the larger chain set.. So the pickup tube wouldn't align perfectly. So to fix this I had to get a round file out and file down the bolt holes on the pickup tube/windage tray nuts. After this it fit right in and perfectly flush!

-Lurius

Search this Thread