Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam?

Old 04-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam?

I was wondering what would be a good cam for my 01 z28 I was thinking about the G5x3 cam, I plan on adding the basic bolt ons and nitrous to my car it is an automatic I was also wondering what I would need to install the cam. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackZ28LS1
I was wondering what would be a good cam for my 01 z28 I was thinking about the G5x3 cam, I plan on adding the basic bolt ons and nitrous to my car it is an automatic I was also wondering what I would need to install the cam. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If I were you.... I would worry about the bolt ons first. The only reason I did a cam before all my bolt ons is because my engine blew up and I found a great deal on a cam at the same time. (slipped it in without the wife knowing) I would definately get a stall (vig or yank). To get a good write up on cam install and all of the things you need for an install goto www.ls1howto.com.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:22 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a good sized cam for just a few bolt-ons. Hope you are getting some serious mods to support it. Honestly I would look at a low 230's cam maybe not even that high. If you are getting one just for "Big Stick Syndrome" I would advise that you look through a few stickies and talk to several people first. Call Vendors/Sponsors, they are glad to help you chose what is right for your car. Remember you are going to want to do some driveline upgrades as mentioned above as well as tuning. It will really start adding up on you, so get ready to shell some money out for it.

Take it from someone who runs a high 240's cam on the street. IT will eventually start to wear on you. Plus, that kind of power isn't really usable until way up the RPM spectrum. Just letting you know the truth behind the fun.

Search this Thread