Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on cam choice

Old 04-28-2007, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help on cam choice

I want to do what most will feel is a strange thing to my car... I want to detune it overall. The car has a Cartek Stage 2-X package on it and since a recent heart attack it is much to fast for my reflexes. I am taking off the headers and exhaust to put the stock GM parts on. I have a .581/.588 lift with 224/228 duration cam in it, and this is the XE-R lobe design. I want to put a "quieter" cam in it (no lobe noise) and reduce the spring breakage problem I've always had. The car still will keep it's 3.42 rear and 4200 converter, can anybody suggest a good cam design to use?
Old 04-28-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

well if you want soething with a lot less power and something that is going to be real quiet go with a stealth II cam
Old 04-28-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Red98C5
I want to do what most will feel is a strange thing to my car... I want to detune it overall. The car has a Cartek Stage 2-X package on it and since a recent heart attack it is much to fast for my reflexes. I am taking off the headers and exhaust to put the stock GM parts on. I have a .581/.588 lift with 224/228 duration cam in it, and this is the XE-R lobe design. I want to put a "quieter" cam in it (no lobe noise) and reduce the spring breakage problem I've always had. The car still will keep it's 3.42 rear and 4200 converter, can anybody suggest a good cam design to use?
With that cam choice, I do not think you should have a problem with spring breakage. You might just consider replacing the springs with a new quality spring package and double checking set-up/installed heights to be sure they were installed correctly to begin with.

Search this Thread