Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some clutch issues?....maybe??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some clutch issues?....maybe??

O.K. I picked up this used <120k miles> but nice 1998 trans am with an M6 (of course) for a smokin *** deal. When I first test drove the car <day B4 yesterday>, I noticed it seemed alittle hard to put in gear and find gears while moving. The guy who I bought if from had said, "he put an after market shifter in it".....remembering that, I figured the hard shifting was just a matter of me getting used the the cars shifting pattern and aftermarket shifter.
I drove the car about 400 miles home, with no real troubles.......just still sorta havin a bitch of a time gettin the thing into gears without grinding em'. {I've driven many manual trans with out this problem}

Today, I go to take it for a rip, and I found it REALLY hard to put in gear, actually I couldn't even slip it in gear! Every time I tried, I could hear it grinding....so I didn't force it. I noticed as I depressed the clutch, it felt as though there was no tension on the clutch at all....it just went to the floor real easy. After wondering WTF was going on for a few mins, I pressed the clutch pedal again, and it seemed as if it regained some of its tension. After depressing it a few times the tension went away again. Sorta like there is a hydraulic problem. This still continues to happen, and it didn't happen while I drove it home.

Without the car running, I can run through the cars gears fairly easy, but when it's running, forget about it. Any ideas of what the hell could be going on here?..........The dude I bought it from said, "he put a new clutch in it"......hmmmm.

Any comments would be great!!...I've had the car for about 1 day, and already some problems..damn
Old 04-29-2007, 11:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

checking for leaks would be a good start.