Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with motor components

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with motor components

So I finally have th cash to do big things with my motor and am not sure where to start. What I am working with is a bone stock 98 LS1, the only thing I have as of this moment are SLP headers, ORY, Magnaflow catback, and MTI lid. I am about to order an ls6 intake. I was thinking a heads/cam setup for the car. Is there a combo that works quite well. I am not on a poor mans budget but I don't feel like spending more then $1600 for a set of heads, and cam and other supporting items I am more then open to suggestions. I have read numerous threads on the matter but no one combo stood out in my searches.
-SmallTires
Old 04-30-2007, 03:05 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check with:
Thunder Racing
Texas Speed
Scoggin Dickey

They should be able to get heads and cam packages that will do what you are looking to accomplish. A certain combo doesnt necessarily need to stand out to you. If I were you... I would check into getting a custom cam ground and heads to match from the same sponsor/vendor. That way you have a unique powerhouse. Not a carbon copy like so many people out there with the off the shelf setups. Not that most of them are not proven, but you just seem like you are trying to be different, and that is okay to do.

I am going to move this to the internal section since it is really centered around heads and cam.