12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil pump pickup tube o ring ..Some question

well still trying to figur out my knock i have ..heres what i have
tsp v2 cam
dual springs
7.4 p-rods
New comp camp 850-16 lifters
well took the valve cover off while it was runnign and noticed very little oil coming threw the pushrods .and i have what sounds like a lifter knock on the car only happens when warmed up .well i reused my o ring on the stock pump so maybe its not flowing good oil still shows around 38-42 psi at idle and more on wot pulls.could this be the culprit just not oiling good .and were can i get a new o ring to fit it can i just go to a local store and match up a oring.this is the only thing i know left to check
Old 05-06-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Bad O-ring = Bad Oil Pressure

I would guess that the o-ring is not the problem. I pinched a o-ring once and I had about 10-15 psi. Order an o-ring from Gene at GM Parts House or get one from a local dealer.

I don't know what else could be the problem.

Bob K.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

ya thats what i thaught but iwas thinkign that maybe it was just not oiling good at at higher rpms then when you let it come back to idle its nock then it has to build the oil presure back up .but its still shows 40+psi ..i dont knwo i honestly cant figure this out .ive called TSP and comp cams and everything
Old 05-06-2007, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Man, I don't know if you read this thread or not, but the guy had a lifter tick and couldn't figure it out. Somewhere in thread he said he finally replaced his o ring and that helped. I think if it gets pinched it aerates the oil. I don't know, I reused my oil ring without a problem.

It's toward the end of the thread somewhere.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=lifter+tick
Old 05-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Teching In

I could would be the o-ring but not likly with the oil pressure at 40. I am not sure what style lifters they were but, I head that some of the comp lifters were defecting. It happened to a friend of mine, he changed his lifter in his H/C setup and one cam appart on start up. It took him forever to find out what the problem was. I am not saying theyse are the same ones, but I would look into it. Good luck.

Search this Thread