Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP 1.85 ratio rocker arms on stock ls1??

Old 05-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP 1.85 ratio rocker arms on stock ls1??

I have the oppertunity to purchase a brand new set of SLP's 1.85 ratio rocker arms for 150 bucks. i was think about jumping on this deal, but my 01 SS is completely stock because i use it as a daily driver and want to keep reliatbility. My question is: What kind of gains would i observe with this mod on a stock engine and would it effect any aspect of reliablity? Also, i heard this mod give my exhaust a "lopier sound", kinda like it has a cam. is this true?
Old 05-13-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

i would guess a 10-15hp gain. since the stock rockers are partially roller already you don't gain as much from that aspect of them, but the higher lift helps the engine breath much better.

as for te sound...not sure it would make any difference. lift typically isn't the aspect of a cam that makes lope....its overlap....duration and lobe separation angle.

realize you have to get new springs to run those rockers though...stockers don't have sufficient lift. may as well get some new pushrods too while you have the thing pulled apart.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSboy325
I have the oppertunity to purchase a brand new set of SLP's 1.85 ratio rocker arms for 150 bucks. i was think about jumping on this deal, but my 01 SS is completely stock because i use it as a daily driver and want to keep reliatbility. My question is: What kind of gains would i observe with this mod on a stock engine and would it effect any aspect of reliablity? Also, i heard this mod give my exhaust a "lopier sound", kinda like it has a cam. is this true?
Those 1.85 RRs run for $600+ brand new from SLP's website, you got a great deal. Let me know what you gain because im interested in buying a set of 1.85 rockers.

Do you plan on camming your car in the future?

Last edited by LS1speedy; 05-15-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP 1.85 ratio rocker arms on stock ls1??