Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake parts/LS6 heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 intake parts/LS6 heads

I have a 2000 Trans AM & I am about to get an LS6 intake from SLP. There site says it comes with everything needed to install. Will I need anything else? Also I am thinking of getting the LS CNC'd heads from Livernois. Are they worth it? The only mods on the car are Yank SS3600, Lid, filter, Flowmaster catback I have LT's, y pipe, TB, & Hooker muffler to install when I get out of school next week & get home.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id do a cam if you get heads as well. as far as the slp thing ehhhhhhh...

you can buy a sued intake for 300 shipped off ehre and be done with it. you dont need the coolant lines, you can just cut the ribs off the bottom of the intake and use the ls1 lines.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gameovergt
I have a 2000 Trans AM & I am about to get an LS6 intake from SLP. There site says it comes with everything needed to install. Will I need anything else? Also I am thinking of getting the LS CNC'd heads from Livernois. Are they worth it? The only mods on the car are Yank SS3600, Lid, filter, Flowmaster catback I have LT's, y pipe, TB, & Hooker muffler to install when I get out of school next week & get home.
You will probably pay less for a used one and the lines/plug, but as for all inclusive to answer your question, yes I believe the SLP one comes with everything (not sure on gaskets)... I hear the Livernois heads are awesome, they are what I'm getting when I put heads on the car (cam first) without question. Good luck.

-J