Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolting in a LS6 >>?

Old 05-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolting in a LS6 >>?

We have an 03 Zo6 that we are taking the motor out of in next week to put in a new stroker motor, witch im still trying to find the best stroker for a nitrous set-up so if any one knows a good stroker motor let me know. But this LS6 coming out of the Z has like 300 mi on it so im going to just keep the motor and my question is do you think that I could just take the LS6 motor and "bolt" it in my 2000 SS that is my daily driver. And buy a built 4l60e tranny to back it, then what about the fuel system, could I use the injectors on the LS6 and just upgrade the pumps already on the SS. Then what about the computer system how would I get that to work? I guess im just asking if I could get the stock LS6 in there and get it to work? Thanks!
Old 05-01-2003, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Bolting in a LS6 >>?

That can be done very easily but not worthwhile in my opinion. Youre better off selling that engine and getting yourself a good set of ported heads and a mild cam for the LS1, unless of course the LS1 has high miles and youre looking for a fresher engine. Your stock LS1 fuel delivery is plenty good for that engine. You would just need to get your PCM tuned for the new setup.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Bolting in a LS6 >>?

Ya the SS has 41k mi on it so it would be nice to get a fresh motor and tranny then do all the bolt-ons to it, plus i can just use my exhaust and induction stuff i already have to help make some more hp out of the LS6. It would be nice to have like 420+ hp out of a nice motor like an LS6 that would be very reliable for a daily driver since i have the motor might as well ditch the 40k mi motor and tranny the car will get a much longer life then and wake her up a lil bit too!

Search this Thread