Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoke and fire out of exhaust :-X

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Smoke and fire out of exhaust :-X

Im running a cam, lts, ory, slp dual dual with a cutout (in i-pipe).

I think my tune is pretty good. I am commanding 12.5 a/f through p/e. My wideband is reading 12.5. Its below 2% a/f error at WOt.

Someone driving behind me said when i got on it at high rpms im blowing quite a bit of smoke out the back. My window is tinted so i really can't tell.

Someone also told me that my cutout shot fire out of it a few times when i downshifted.

Is there any problem, what is going on?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

The flames are caused by unburnt fuel in the exhaust system that ignites. When you down shift that is the ideal time that it gets dumped and you would see flames. Smoke is kinda vague it helps if you know what color. If it is rich it could blow smoke or could just be some carbon build up from going easy on it and then pounding on it. Either way I would not get stresed. Flames are going to happen without cats and the smoke is probably just carbon. Alot of cars at high rpm will blow smoke.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Mine will shoot a 2 foot blue flame at night through the cutout. It didn't seem to do it as bad before I developed some exhaust leaks. My car does run rich.