Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G5X2 Installed and running!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G5X2 Installed and running!

Wow, I figured I'd never get this thing fired back up with all the obstacles I've had. Finally started it up tonight and wow does it sound mean. I need to change all my plugs because I think we managed to get oil on them. I tried to clean them off but I don't think it worked. So I'll pick up new plugs tomorrow. We just started working the air out of the cooling system and shut it down. I got an SES light within 45 seconds (I'm guessing it was because of the plugs) and one of the guys in front of the car said it didn't sound like it was firing all 8. I also took it to 2000rpms and could feel a little stumbling which leads me to believe it's plugs. Either way, tomorrow night is the official launch.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: G5X2 Installed and running!

Awesome! I can't wait to get my G5X2 in the t/a.

Don't forget to heat cycle the springs before you get on that badboy.

Did you swap out your timing chain and oil pump?
Old 05-08-2003, 07:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: G5X2 Installed and running!

I ran it up to operating temp once last night and started filling it up with coolant. It got too late to fire it up again and I could tell it was mis-firing really bad because of the plugs. I'm gonna run it through 2 more heat cycles before I even hit the street tonight.
I didn't do a timing chain and oil pump. I have an 02 so I'm told the oil pump is up to the task. I'll look into an oil pump and probably a timing chain at the end of the season for another winter project.