Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

having a problem with a rocker knock

Old 07-08-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default having a problem with a rocker knock

I know i got a lt1 but i cant get any questions anywhere else so maby you tech. guys in here can help me out.......

Well i got everything back toghter with all new stuff. i.e. lifters and new PRs. Still making a knocking noise. Its comming from the right side #4 exhaust rocker. Its making a knocking noise. And i noticed that theres no oil comming out of that PRs to lube the rocker. I had the car idling with no valve covers on it and all the others are getting oil but that one, and i had the car idling for at least 5 min so it was warmed up. So i poured a cap full of oil on but it still knocks. WTF is goin on here. Need to get this **** fixed so i can finally make some test passes but im not gonna with a rocker that knocks.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump ttt

Is it really loud?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad's LT does the same thing. replaced lifters, rockers, everything. Never went away, been running it that way for 3 years now.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

yea i dunno. I got oil now going to everything now but still ticks. So i dunno. I guess i run it and when it finally lets go ill find out what it was.

Search this Thread