Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled my vacuum lines, put breathers on, car seems to run better.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulled my vacuum lines, put breathers on, car seems to run better.

Don't laugh at my sweet paint skillz. My new stroker was using a bit of oil, so I pulled the vacuum line from the front of the valve cover to the TB off and capped it at the TB. The back fitting was already capped from my LS6 PCV install. I cut the old pcv lines up, and ran a line from the fitting on the back of the drivers side valve cover up front, like the picture shows. The filter mounts horizontally.

On the passenger side, I ran a line with a filter from where the throttle body pulled air from, and put another breather there. I left the LS6 pcv intact, where it pulls from the valley cover.

The car seems to run a little smoother, the slight hesitation I had at 45 in 5th is gone, although that may be entirely in my head. Haven't driven enough to notice if the oil consumption has stopped, so I will report back on that. I'll have actual pictures tomorrow, but it was late so I used my mad ms paint skillz to show you waht im talking about. It actually looks ok, since I ahve a vette the fuel rail covers hide almost all but the ends of the filters, and it doesnt look bad.