Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rough running engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough running engine

I just recently had a turbo kit done and now i am having a rough running engine that burns oil out of the exhuast... I checked some of the spark plugs and they are not burnt or oily? they are a little white but not too bad, i dont know what the problem is but any advice would be fine. I talked to my commander and he said i probably have a dead cylinder or something to do with the ignition. I have less than 500 miles on my new mods and barely drive the car. It is detuned right now due to the wrong spring in my wastegate. I am stuck with it and need some insight to it and where to start. I have a precscision power 60mm turbo with intercooler, 42lb injectors MSD wires and NGK plugs, SLP MAF and ported Katech TB. it ran fine for a while ut now it runs rough as hell when it warms up in third gear and overdrive. Please send some info....... thanks Jeremy
Old 07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you sure it's not going past the turbo seals? Maybe your turbo is not clocked to drain oil properly?

Also, post up in the forced induction section, you can get more answers there too!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimes
you sure it's not going past the turbo seals? Maybe your turbo is not clocked to drain oil properly?

Also, post up in the forced induction section, you can get more answers there too!

thats what i thought too, also if there mounted low u will probably need a scavenger pump to help drain the oil away from the turbo/s