Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pressure problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pressure problem

so i have an oil pressure problem. i changed the head gaskets and lifters because a lifter went byebye. so anyways, i turned over the motor to try to build pressure then went to start it and didnt have anything. there is no tapping, clanking, struggling, kitchen sinks, or any other weird crap comming from the engine. i also just changed the oil/oil filter and put in german castrol. the old oil didnt have any shiney flakes in it and the timing chan cover wasnt pulled.

ps- in forum search doesnt work
Old 07-21-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you check it with a mechanical gauge? Did you break the oil pressure sender when you reinstalled the intake manifold?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GOaT Cheese
Did you check it with a mechanical gauge? Did you break the oil pressure sender when you reinstalled the intake manifold?
well i installed the manifold with it all out of the car. i hvent used a mech guage.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try a mechanical guage.

Did you replace the oil sender? Maybe pull it and see if it's blocked. he guage could have gone south aswell.

Just be careful. Dont run it for any length of time if it might not have pressure. Those mains love to spin quick style without oil.

Also, oil pressure wont show on the guage when you crank it. After you start it, pressure should build within two seconds. If not, then there is a problem.