Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bent Valve?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bent Valve?

Ok took 02 TA LS1 M6 to 6700rpm dont ask... blew the timing chain have it torn down decided to change the cam and valve springs..... look at these pictures and tell me what you think?

Is that a bent valve if so what do I have to do to fix it obviously I have to take off the intake and the head and replace the valve but what else is there to it or is the valve good just stuck... not likely or possible... What all is needed when replacing a valve?

As much help as possible would be nice thank you!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Bent Valve?-image_080.jpg   Bent Valve?-image_081.jpg   Bent Valve?-image_083.jpg   Bent Valve?-image_084.jpg  
Old 07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

remove both heads and get them a valve job. then look at piston to see what condition it is in. not sure how much gouging it will take before it is out limits. "to much gouge with heat can cause it to crack". since your there replace lifters, p-rods. look at all other pistons for any marks of valve to piston contact. but, yea. for short considering piston is fine.. valve job on both heads.....
Old 07-22-2007, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

^^^^^what he said, there bent no doubt about it. I broke 2 valve springs a couple of weeks ago pull over right when it happen. Got towed home ordered new spring. I put them on just to see if it would hold compression but that was a no go. Ended up pulling the head and replacing 2 intake valves. Now number 4 and 6 piston have a slight valve relief in them. I just knocked off the burs to keep from have a hot spot and put it back together. It runs great now.

Also looking at the valve you couldn't tell it was bent.

Quick Reply: Bent Valve?