Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What caused it? Need help....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What caused it? Need help....

Not sure where to start but, I am trying to find out what happened to my engine. Wife took the car out to get our dinner and didn't make it 2 miles from home, called and said it wasn't running good making noise. I had her shut it off and I went to get her. Started it up and it ran like it had a bad miss accompanied by a very random tapping sound (like a wrench on a metal table). Limped it home and had another buddy come look at it. We thought maybe a bent pushrod or something of the sort in the valvetrain. Took the valvetrain apart and all is ok. Took out all plugs to find #7,#8 electrodes bent (not good). Did a compression test and all 8 cylinders were pretty even. Fixed the 2 bad plugs and now it runs ok but the sound has changed. I has a pretty good knock or tap to it when you first rev the engine. Anyone have any clue what the hell happened. Only 29k on the clock and hardly gets driven. Does see spirited driving though when it is but nothing real major. It's stock with headers, exhaust, and an LS6 intake. Sorry for the long story. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 06:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I can think of is something got in the intake and into the cylinders. Maybe some small nuts or bolts. I'm not really sure.