Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Old 07-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

we put a ls6 intake on my buddies car... and we broke the oil sensor in the back so after changing that while putting the intake back on (more than half the bolts threaded) we hear a noise like someone tropped a tool or something .... we finish fire the car and a noise from the motor can't tell exactly where it is but its inconsistent tick tick noise ... we took it apart to see if something was in the intake checked in the intake looked down into the heads and found nothing we turned the motor over with the starter to see if we could hear anything but it didn't make the any unusual noise..... even took the valves covers off to see if it was a rocker or spring.... could something be in one of the combustion chambers ... but only make a noise every few seconds... cause there would be a pause about 2 sec and wouldn't hear it .... but even so i dont know what it could be we weren't missing any nuts or bolts and none of the tools were missing
Old 07-26-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

if it was in the chamber it would destroy the motor quickly.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Teching In

i dont know where to look ill try taking the intake off and looking again.... whatever it is it didn't effect the idle of the motor
Old 07-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Teching In

ok problem found .... the fuel injector for number8 the plastic ring on the end was cracked and was the sourse of the noise .... swaped with an injector i had lying around and problem is gone ... thanks for the response brad8266

Search this Thread