Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust system

Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust system

whats the best exhaust system for a 2001 camaro ss.
best sounding
best price
best looks
also a good set of headers...should i get lt's or shorty's

rant/
Old 08-02-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Junkie

get long tubes- best bang for the buck= pacesetters y-pipe and headers for around 500.

catback I love the hooker-300, magnaflow-400, or GMMG-even more.

Also look at the stickies at the top of the page.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01white/ss
whats the best exhaust system for a 2001 camaro ss.
best sounding
best price
best looks
also a good set of headers...should i get lt's or shorty's

rant/
hmm.. it's an 01, not a 00 or 02? I don't know much about the 01's.. And it's an SS right? Well.. that could change things from a base Z28.. and you want the "best", not the 2nd best, or third best.. hmm.. wow.. that's a good question, I wonder why someone hasn't asked this before..

or just get a flowmaster catback and some nice shorty's and call it a day!

and why the hell is this in the INTERNAL section?

Old 08-02-2007, 11:08 PM
9 Second Club

no way, long tubes.... i have hooker there fine, if u want, get the power spears, i also have a loud mouth one, its very very loud, its the best flowing besides true duals but, its extremly loud, hence loud mouth.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 AM

I've got the SLP LT's on my (lowered) 02 Z28 and I love them. They do hang low...as anyone else who has them would tell you. I opted for the Borla exhaust...has a nice raspy sound, not crazy loud until you go WOT.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Launching!

If you are looking for power per dollar, don't get the SLP longtubes or a flowmaster catback. The SLP headers are a PITA to install. I used to have a set, the y-pipe is awesome, they give good midrange but the macs give more power and are cheaper. If you want the best, get some Kooks headers. If you aren't worried about that, pacesetters or hooker longtubes, or the macs.
The flowmaster muffler has about the worst flow. If you are sold on their sound, get it. If not, take a pick at one in the classifieds. I have the old loudmouth and it is loud with the longtubes. Cops pulled me over when I removed the cats.....Way loud! Taking them off for me new combo though. But I love that one.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

Everyone is going to have there own opinion like normal. For me it wasnt as much price as it was how its made and longjevity. I chose the Dynatech headers, y-pipe and cats combo( All Stainless) and a Magnaflow cat back(Stainless). I researched them both before I bought them. I payed around $1800 total but for the sound that I like and the fact that the exaust will last for as long as I have the car. It was a no brainer. Don't be one of the guys who ends up buying 2-3-4- or five different systems til your happy. Take the time and research the sounds and quality built for what your willing to spend.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

there are only a couple of comapanies to stay away from- the SLP headers- hang way to low and are overpriced, flowtec headers- flanges are weak and a lot of people have exhaust leaks.

If you want to go slower get a flowmaster- it doesn't even flow as well at the stocker.

Just go to ls1sounds.com and make your own decision, or find some people around your area that have some exhaust work done and have a listen.

Search this Thread