Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diamond no good

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Diamond no good

So I have a 408 I'm trying to put together. Actually Heres the situation.....I have a 408 that came out of my old car. I decided to throw some new pistons in the engine before I put it in my gto. Then I decided to do a new block so I bought a block (The recip kit I have is lunati) had it machined for the new pistons. Not a big deal so I took the old engine apart last week to send the crank and rods out get them back and start putting the engine together ONLY one problem they didn't make the reluctor wheel cut. So I call them and they tell me To send it to them and they will make the cut that they forgot. I want to get the car together so I took it my local machine shop They matched the cut from my old piston to the new one.

So then I called diamond back again to see if they will reimburse me they say no They need to do the cut there. So I'm really glad I just paid 980 for a set of pistons that diamond racing never finished machining.

Sorry for the rant
Old 08-08-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine got a set of pistons for his Ford 2.3L turbo engine from Diamond. He found a problem with the pin axis being off by 0.005", such that the pistons wouldn't fit square in the bore. He called Diamond, and they said that was well within their tolerances. He was stuck with bad pistons.

So far, I'm not impressed with Diamond.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My last set of pistons was great thats why I decided to run them again.