Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing my rockers tomorrow need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing my rockers tomorrow need help

I need something to print out to use as a referance about lifter preload (as you tighten down the rocker/pushrod, you should have 1/2-3/4 turn or something?) I need a breakdown of this stuff, so me and my friend who is helping me can you this, and not guess. Thanks
Old 05-28-2003, 12:49 AM
jmX
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Installing my rockers tomorrow need help

What kinda rockers? If you have the stock ones, you just tighten all the bolts to 22lbft. There are no adjustments you can make. Are you installing a different type?
Old 05-28-2003, 03:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

i assume yella terras. basically all you do is get the rocker as low as it will go (valve all the way down) tighten the actual hex bolt till you can barely spin the pushrod (i do mine so you just barely can't spin them). then you wanna tightent the little allen screw as much as you can...it should be about an 1/8th of an inch below the deck of the hex bolt. redo them after about a thousand miles just to make sure they are still all together.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would read the instructions that came with the YT rockers. I know JPR said not long ago [less than a week it seems] gave guidance about how many turns were too many, two point five as I recall.

BTW, the fixed ratio YT rockers he has do not have allen screws. I do not think Mark is marketing the adjustable YT rockers. Have you ever considered changing to needmorecents? [sorry I couldn’t hold back]