Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building 427 ls1 style engine need advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building 427 ls1 style engine need advice

hi i am trying to build an ls1 style 427 with an lsx block eagle crank diamond pistons etc. the problem isnt the bottom end for me it is the top end. i have a guy who is telling me that he cnc's lq9 heads to flow like 360 or so CFM which is hard to believe and then on top of it use a stock intake with an ls2 stock tb which comes in 90mm with all sensors? that he would port and claims it will flow 4 more cfm than the fast 90mm tb. then a custom cam motion cam which i wasnt given any numbers yet as to lift or duration he said we would figure that out after we know what the compression is of each cylinder. anyway he states that this motor will make in between 700 and 800 hp with 600 or more ft/lb. Any input on this would really help cuz i am having a hard time believing this and the heads and intake and tb havent been ordered yet so i still have time to change these parts. oh an one more thing all of this on 93 octane and streetable (nice idle etc.) let me know what you guys here think this is my first motor so i dont know what exactly what i am doing and i dont have cash to be taken advantage of..

Nate
Old 09-05-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

who is this person? does he have any other customers that can vouch for him?