Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Internal ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internal ?'s

So I lost oil pressure in my TA(due to broken turbo return line) and its ticking dont know the problem yet but i have ?'s on things, Is anyone running Compstar rods and how do you like them, and second i have found two pistons that would be good for when i lower compression, one is Diamond and the other is Mahle, which in ppls opinion is better? I was also thinking of a new oil pump, double roller timing chain, i am gonna use the stock crank, new rockers and pushrods....is there any input to this or any other things i sould at to my list?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Compstar, Mahle, & Diamond are all great products. You are gonna get people telling you to use whatever they have in their engine, so asking won't help much. I personally went w/ the compstar rods and mahle pistons in my 347 because the diamonds were more expensive. I would also add new lifters to your list.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i just looked at my list and i did forget lifters...but I think i am gonna go with the Mahles and Compstars...Everything workin good for u no problems?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just fired it up last week-end, so I don't really know yet. I don't expect any problems as lots of people are running this combination without any. I was hoping someone w/ experience in boosted applications would chime in b/c I have seen the Diamonds recommended for forced induction setups. I would call and get the opinion of a sponsor to see what they have to say about your setup.