Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about start up after complete dissasible

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Question about start up after complete dissasible

I took every thing apart on the car and am just now getting it back together.
I took the fuel tank out and drained it. all the lines have been out and are empty. oil has been out of it. new injectors.

I am sure there are steps I need to take before starting it.
Any suggestions?
I am assuming I would just follow the same steps in changing the fuel pump right?
I assume I should replace the fuel filter after it runs a tank thru it right?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you say you've taken everything apart on the car, what do you really mean? I don't think that you are saying that you've disassembled every possible component of the car down to individual screws, nuts, bolts, etc. Why did you drain the tank? Has the car been under water?

Steve
Old 09-18-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, I was doing a cage and mini tub and taking things apart. I decided to rewire it while I had it apart and one thing led to another and I ended up with my car stripped down completley. I decided to repaint everything while it was apart also. I am finally getting it back together and hope to start it this weekend. I didn't pull the engine completley apart but I took most all of the car completley apart. I would say there was less than 10 bolts left on the car's body when it was stripped all the way

here are pics: www.one8thmile.com/2007.html
Old 09-24-2007, 08:14 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Well, I'd say fill the engine and filter with oil and pull the fuel pump relay and crank the engine with the plugs removed for about 30 seconds and see if the oil pressure registers at least somewhat (maybe 10 PSI). Assuming that this goes well, I'd install the plugs and the fuel pump relay while cracking open the schrader valve on the fuel rail and crank it until you get some fuel coming out the schrader valve. Then I'd put the cap on the valve and crank the engine and checking for oil pressure.

Did you mask off the intake and exhaust ports on the heads to keep out foreign materials while things were disassembled?

Steve
Old 09-24-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you are putting in bigger injectors I would recommend doing that where the car is gunna be tuned at(in the parking lot)...Unless you are tuning it yourself...Otherwise it will run like

Kev