Sponsored by:

another cam question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another cam question...

Hey guys,
I havent posted on here in a loooong time, but Im dropping a 2002 LS1 with the LS6 intake into my 96 S-10. Im NOT building a race truck so keep that in mind. Its going to be a street/show truck with more ***** than your typical bagged S-10.

Anyway, Im keeping the motor/trans mostly stock except for a converter and cam plus anything else required.

Stock heads and whatnot, what cams out there would you guys recomend for alittle performance boost, a nice sound, and still good driveability.

Id hate to admit it but Im mostly concearned with a great sounding truck lol. The LS1 alone will make this ****** fast.

Also, what else is NEEDED when doing a cam swap? Im an LS1 newb and stick mostly to the mustang side of things (if my username didnt give it away) but I have respect for GM and MOPAR too.

Thanks in advance for helping out the mustang guy.

:edit: I did a search but didnt find any answers to my liking.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hard to go wrong with something like the tr224 cam...figure about 380rwhp through the Fbody drivetrain with associated bolt ons.

could step up to something like the futral F13 for closer to 400rwhp but a little rougher idle and sound.

basic things needed for the swap are springs to match lift, pushrods and timing set. you should be fine with the oil pump since its a late model, although for the added insurance it may not be a bad idea.