Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arc on a coil pack, LS1 ::video::

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arc on a coil pack, LS1 ::video::

well the car was idling for a good 5 min while we were messing with something on it (havnt been driving it much be it has a missfire, etc)

well when it was idling, i had the hood up and i was getting something, but then i heard the exhaust note change and run rough.. was like wtf then i heard as i got closer a small pop noice and followed it and saw this arc happening. oviously i got it on video and here it is... that could def be causing all my troubles? sometimes , rarely it runs perfect for a few min, then it ****s itself. anyone have any idea what could cause that? im guessing i just need to change that one part out, hard to do? or bring to a mechanic?

thanks
cory
Old 09-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Why are you running it with the spark plug wire off??? Put it back on and see if it still does it. lol If it arcs that bad with the plug wire on you probally need new wires. What's it arcing on?? I can't tell what it is.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

^^ ditto. Had mine do the same thing, turns out the damned plug, (i guess the keeper ring was broken), came loose. I pushed the little bastard back on it ran fine, plug wouldn't stay oin for long though. Replaced it and never had the same problem again.