Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help car won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need help car won't start.

I tried to start my Camaro after finally getting it back together enough to start. It wont start

98-A4 Camaro.

All the fuel has been out of the car. I have had it all apart and put back together now.

I turned the car on and off several times before starting and I hear the pump run.

When I press in the valve in the fuel rail it has no fuel come out so I'm thinking its not getting fuel.

Does the oil pressure supposed to read when your turning over the engine but it won't start. It sits it zero but I don't know if thats normal or not if its not actually running.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think this has to do with the pump now, could a mod move to fuel section please.

The oil pressure is ok now. I think its just needed more turns to get it thru the oil pump. It now goes up when turning over.

I think the problem is in the pump somewhere.
I pulled the line that goes to the fuel filter off of the fuel pump and turned the key. The I can hear the pump run but no fuel. There was not even any fuel come out when I unhooked the line from the top of the tank.
What could it be? everything looks ok
Old 09-25-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dumb question. but did you happen to put in a new pump and forget to hook it up inside the tank.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vaticano
dumb question. but did you happen to put in a new pump and forget to hook it up inside the tank.
This is not a new pump but I did have it out. I pulled the pump assembley out. I don't see anything wrong with it. It runs, it sounds like its running good but it just does not pump. I even tried turning it one with the pump submerged in fuel while I watched it and the lines disconected from the car with a tube running to a gas can and got nothing.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I took the pump out of the assembley, I stuck it is some gas and turned it on with the sock off. It runs but still does not pump. Its like the pump won't get a prime. I can look into the end of the pump where the sock goes and turn it on and see it spinning inside the pump.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I got it now. I turned the pump upside down and poured some fuel into the inlet. It sucked it thru. I stuck it back into the gas right side up and now it is pumping fuel out like it should.

edit: it fixed it, its running now.

Last edited by brandonppr; 09-25-2007 at 10:24 PM.