Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They think its #4 exhaust valve

Old 10-15-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They think its #4 exhaust valve

After spending all week end from thursday to Til Sunday working on my car Getting the new heads and cam in ls6 heads and !%%% cam . The car was great fired right up sounded good and i took it for a small right then pulled it back in to check everything and all seemded great . I drove home about 20 miles away from where i did the work and that is when it happen got into town downshifted into 4th from about 55 mph and cank clank bang sensors went nuts and everything. So i shut it off at the gas station and called a tow truck ( at this point i was flaming mad) and sick and tired of working on it. We'll 155 dollar tow bill and another 170 for the mechanic to tear is down as far as he has to tell me that #4 exhaust vavle is messed up. Nothing hit it or anthing like that is just seemed bent he said . So i called the place where i got the heads and ask it this is normal and he said no its more than likely just the rocker arm is loose.
Here is my problem that is my daily driver and it just cost me 2300 for heads and cam . then Anther 330 for tow and mechanics to look at it. Would it be wise to think that maybe the company that i bought these heads from should foot some of this bill or not . I mean i am gonna need some head work I am out of my car and renting one. What do you all think? I dont want to disclose where i got this stuff from because the guy has been great so far. I just hope when it comes time to come and make good he does .
We'll i am gonna go cry a river a few times.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to Mod Hell.

You just started paying your dues.

rule #1. Do not mod your daily driver unless you want to learn how to use public transportation.

#2. You are responsible for the mod either working or not. If you don't think so, try to collect from someone while your ride sits.

#3 If you think you can get high and drive, do it while your modding your car (refer to #1).
Old 10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I think you're going to have to suck it up on this one. If the cam was a big one, then you could have kissed the valves.. especially if the heads were milled or have larger valves. A good customer service act from the head company would be if they sent you out a replacement valve. I wouldn't expect anything more, and not even that.

What cam, what heads with what valves and what was the combustion chamber CC? And what head gasket did you use?

Edit: just saw you were running a torquer V3 with PRC 2.5 heads. I'm not sure, but I think that's cutting it super close on PTV clearance, if it fits at all.

Search this Thread