Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advice on bolt on mods ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile advice on bolt on mods ??

hey guys i live in australia and need some advice on what mods to do to my ls1 before i get an after market computer any advice would be great there are a lot of blokes in aus that do work on ls1's but they tell you confilcting info they are just after a dollar cheers
Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Veteran

LT's, Cat back, Lid, P+P'd TB first of all... Good gains to be had there. You can have the stock ECM tuned to fit the modifications done. THen go w/ an LS6 intake if you don't have one already. What year is the car?

Then after the EXH is done, then look into a rear or gears.. Then you can dive into the engine w heads and cam. Depending on what you want the car to do.

What are your HP goals? AutoX? 1/4 mile? Do the suspension also, it'll help you get more out of what you have.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

You may get more responses in the 'gen III external engine' section. The stickys at the top in that section have a lot of good info for what you're interested in:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/520845-mod-guide-induction-exhaust-please-read-before-posting.html
Old 10-17-2007, 05:10 AM
Teching In

cheers mate i have short stroke struts and shocks over sized twin piston calipers slotted rotors 3.9 diff gears and 2 1/2 inch cat back twin system modified air intake not sure what manifold ?holden de-tuned the ls1 like crazy is it any better to put aftermarket ignition set up on. Any what advice on size headers to put on ? i wouldn't mind stroking it to a 383 but inexprience have me stuck there!