Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gaskets..

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gaskets..

What gaskets can be re-used on LSXs? Intake?..Valvecovers?...Front Cover?? It seems that many gaskets besides maybe Exhaust and Head Gaskets, can be re-used. Is this the case?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

They're just not that expensive to want to go down the road twice......Do yourself a favor and buy new. You may get away with re-using he intake gaskets....but again....I'd buy new.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

In the middle of H/C swap here. I bought the complete H/C gasket kit from thunder racing and I'm glad I did. It has just about everything. The only gasket I got from the dealer was for the cam front cover plate. I have about 110k on my motor so maybe my gaskets are more worn than yours. A lot of the rubber gaskets were pretty flattened out and the new ones are much thicker. If you already have the motor apart I think it's a good idea to put in new gaskets. I don't want to rip this all apart again if I have a leak.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've done two head and cam swaps now and reused everything except the head gaskets and head bolts with no problems. If it's something you don't have to have done right away I'd just tear it down and see what looks like it might need to be replaced. Make sure you torque everything to spec.

Chad
Old 10-17-2007, 01:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chadtn
I've done two head and cam swaps now and reused everything except the head gaskets and head bolts with no problems. If it's something you don't have to have done right away I'd just tear it down and see what looks like it might need to be replaced. Make sure you torque everything to spec.

Chad
Good idea...tear down and check em out!