Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep Wrangler conversion.....HELP!!

Old 11-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Wrangler conversion.....HELP!!

I am in the process of my conversion with a 2005 5.3L (i know its not an LS! but its farily close lol) and 4L65E into my 97 jeep wrangler. Last night i took off the spark plug wire at the coil on the rear right hand side coil (#8 i think) to access my CTS (for my gauge) and like a dumb A** I forgot to hook it back up and i was running it to bleed my cooling system and power steering and i noticed that it wouldn't rev up and it was acting funny so then i heard sparking and i was looking around and i noticed it arcing to the exhust manifold. I shut her down and hooked it back up and it is still running like crap....I think i may have fried that coil but would it run that crappy on 7 cyl.?? Or did i wipe out my PCM or ignition control modual??
Old 11-03-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feel the header (be carefull) or hit it with a infrared temp gun. Make sure all your wires are connected properly. Also ohm out each wire with a volt meter. Ive had issues with bad wires before. Good luck
Old 11-03-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It probably just got crap on the plug, since it wasn't firing for a while. Try pulling that plug and cleaning it.

Search this Thread