Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motor issues

Well in short motor spun rod bearing while back . Tore it apart, found crank was bent, got good used crank and reassembled with new bearings, oil pump, cam, springs, timing chaing, all new gaskets and rings.

Had oil pressure issues that I couldnt figure out . Replaced oil pump and checked o-ring multiple times. Finally I tore motor back apart again and found main bearings to be shot.

Spoke with machine shop that had done all the work and they said the main bore was probably out of round. Then they said that they only check something like that at my request only even though they knew my crank was bent. Me being not the most expirenced and them knowing, they still never even suggested it. Ed from Lingenfelter helped me narrow down where the problem was and he said they should have at least suggested having it looked at and then let me decide if I wanted to have it done.

Just a little pissed off but looks like everything may be turning around for me and will have my girl back up and running again. I just wanted to vent and see what the opinions are on weather you think the shop should be obligated to tell the customer "You have a bent crank which might have made the main bore out of round. May wanna have that checked out before reassembling."

Post away.