Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got engine together, a few ?'s though..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally got engine together, a few ?'s though..........

Woohoo, last night I finally got to crank er up, about 2am, damn that felt good, first off to all you guys that can do the head and cam swap in about 3hr's, you are a god, ok, down to buisness... when I first started er up, the #2 intake lifter was tappin but that went away in about 15 sec once some oil got to it, my oil press. went right up to 50, fuel press was 60, and all the guages seemed great, the check engine light was off(went on when I broke the pushrod), I thought I was going to have to get it reset, the question I have is about the stock computer, I remember hearing it has to learn its new set up, the car seems just a little on the rough side right now, it seems like its vibrating just a little more than it usto, or maybee cause I hadnt seen it run in so long(could just be in my head).., well, how long will it take for the computer to relearn itself?, and how much does your engine shake?, does the bigger the cam make it shake more, the cam I put in is 2.07/2.17 .525/.525

btw, I havent run it more than a total of 5 or 10min, its still sittin in the garage

Thanks
Old 06-16-2003, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Finally got engine together, a few ?'s though..........

anybody?
Old 06-17-2003, 03:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how badly is it shaking??? mine starting shaking bad and had a rough idle because my crane rockers weren't adjusted right....maybe you should pull the valve covers and check the valve train components..
Old 06-17-2003, 02:36 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A cam that small really shouldn't make the motor shake much; better make sure you don't have a broken motor mount.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow dont give the poor guy a heart attack! check the fluids, watch the guages and be a little more alert than you would normally. its all about building up faith in your reborn motor. your cam may not be huge but its still different. as far as the relearn stuff im not possitive but itll probally be about 200 or so miles. try posting in the pcm section to verify that.
good luck and congrats on the install.
(if you really have any doubts on what you did then by all means investigate it, but if your pretty sure you went by the book then precede on the side of caution and learn to put your faith in her again)