Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new dyno numbers

Old 06-16-2003, 06:42 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new dyno numbers

Geez, where to start, Well, I was out of injector last visit 450 @ 6,600 RWH SAE open cut out short belt so the injectors were changed and scaled in the PCM I also added Yella Terra rockers, my first pull on the dyno was 444/407 SAE right off the street through closed exhaust and full belt with the MAFT. I opened the cut out, and installed my short belt and turned 451/410. SAE Then, I disconnected the battery to re-set the PCM and removed the traslator, reconnected for a full Edit session, JD let it roll at 60MPH on the dyno for a few seconds to establish the base, then we went to WOT. 456/414 SAE was the final numbers on hot pulls repeated 4 times in a row, tweaked here and there and found a problem. The AF is nosing down rich 12.6 to 12.0 right at 6,200 RPM's to 7,000 RPM's because the MAF hertz is maxed out now! I don't remember what Brien said the value was but it is at the end of it's callibration. So 456/414 SAE @ 6,400 RPM's with revised cam #3 and the drivability and gas milage on the highway is awesome! lots of low end torque with killer mid range, it smokes the 315's off at a 50 MPH punch. This complete heads and cam package will be ready by next month now that this cam has proven it's worth. This is a package, not a just a single part thats made the power .

Joe.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:48 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

Default Re: My new dyno numbers

Cool. 456rwhp is very freaking cool.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:54 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Jon, BTW, did you ever get my e-mail from 3 weeks ago? I never got a reply, anyway I'm happy with the results, but now I have another problem to deal with is finding a MAF that has a higher calibration than stock, Pace? I was actually hoping for 460 SAE today, Oh well .

Joe.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm surprised that you maxed the MAF frequency on a stock cube motor. Have you tried another MAF?

Have you messed with the MAF settings in Edit?

As a workaround, you could port the MAF which would reduce the reported frequency and then compensate for the under-reported gm/sec in Edit in the MAF table.

BTW, excellent results. How would you describe the idle and low speed characteristics of cam 3? Are there cam grinds that are similar in drivabilibity?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:01 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

Thanks Jon, BTW, did you ever get my e-mail from 3 weeks ago? I never got a reply, anyway I'm happy with the results, but now I have another problem to deal with is finding a MAF that has a higher calibration than stock, Pace? I was actually hoping for 460 SAE today, Oh well .

Joe.
Nope, never got an email from you. Try jmx@austin.rr.com, cc jmayfield@acclaim.com and jmxC5@hotmail.com. One of those is bound to get to me!

Anyway, some of the boost guys have talked about using a Pro-M maf in place of the stock one and then reprogramming the maf table to be scaled down in effect to give you more of a range of power to go on. Maybe talk to ChrisB about this.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:19 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

I'm surprised that you maxed the MAF frequency on a stock cube motor. Have you tried another MAF?

Have you messed with the MAF settings in Edit?

As a workaround, you could port the MAF which would reduce the reported frequency and then compensate for the under-reported gm/sec in Edit in the MAF table.

BTW, excellent results. How would you describe the idle and low speed characteristics of cam 3? Are there cam grinds that are similar in drivabilibity?

Yes, Brein adjusted the MAF table right to the end of it's values, and it's still not right. He mentioned to gutt the sensor, but I just can't get my mind around it, I would rather change out the MAF.

The driveability of cam 1 your REAL familiar with , surge recovery, rolling idle, U joint resurgence, poor hot/cold starts etc. etc. lays down great power numbers but 6,600 peaks. Cam 2 was an experiment to make sure I was going in the right direction but 6,600 again and cam 3 is the keeper at 6,400 peak and excellent driveability. Low speed driving 3,500 and lower has plenty of torque responce, tap and hold the gas 1/4 to 1/3 for body impression in the seat, cam 1 & 2 didn't, they lacked low speed funability. Cam III feels like a 224 cam from 900 idle to 3,500 but screams to red line without even planting the gas peddle to the floor, idles perfectly at 900 in gear/idle and is A4 friendly now. I had to have all around performance from this package, even if it meant to drop some peak HP to find it or try another grind, I didn't want the package to just do one thing right, Gas milage is about 26 on the highway and 15 around town depending on how it's driven of course I feel I hit the right combo now and It's just a matter of tuning and component matching at this point. Now, I need a good CNC mapping company [edited].

Joe.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:30 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe this package sounds very promising!!!

And to think u have a bad trans in the car now
I bet once u get the new trans in the car it'll make 460 +/- 5RW?

But if and when u add a 12-bolt you'll lose about 5 to 7RW.
All in all u have a TRUE 450RW package and it sound like its badass.

Should be interesting to see what your car runs in decent air with this package.
I think at your RW of 3340lbs u have a legit 10 sec car if u can hook it

Congrats on the new package
Old 06-16-2003, 10:56 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Man! Thanks JS, I just bought 4 Hals... so Shhh j/k, and yes, I'm still running the bad trans, it slips in third badly only under high RPM shifts under acceleration, Brien put 5% more line pressure to keep it's act together till <font color="red">Doc212121<!--color--></font> can find the time to ship my new one. Thanks again, and I am itchin to run it at ATCO tommorow night!

Joe.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

CONGRAT JOE,good numbers.maybe I'll see down atco tommorow if your down there.

joe,did tommy get his car back up and running.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Your setup is really nice, I can't believe the stock MAF frequency was maxed Grats Joe!
Old 06-17-2003, 01:09 AM
Staging Lane

damn thats alot of horsies out of an auto..

must be a wicked cam!

flycuts?
Old 06-17-2003, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

You make more power than my stroker does.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not more than mine

Wicked numbers Joe! What makes it even more impressive is how little time you actually get to turn wrenches on your own car with your phone going off the hook with customer orders
Old 06-17-2003, 06:46 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You have one strong Automatic Joe.. Your setup is very impressive.. I am sure we will see crazy track #'s soon..
Old 06-17-2003, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Joe congrats you are the king of all A4's. It looks like the weather is going to be nice tonight are you going?
Old 06-17-2003, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-17-2003, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

kickbutt Joe, although with all that hype I was sure you were going to get your 460

What injectors did you end up using? Doesnt seem like they gave you much powerwise like JD was predicting.

Joe, FYI in case you want to be there--
Supposedly I am getting tuned tomorrow at JD's, although he still hasnt told if he is going to be able to flash the PCM or not. Maybe I could swing by your shop if you cant make it and you could fix this damn oil management issue?
Old 06-17-2003, 08:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great numbers Joe. I really need you to tune mine soon; we have to hook up.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

You make more power than my stroker does.
Its NOT about peak rwhp!!! If YOU make 449 with larger motor, and Joe makes 453 with stock cubes your car will out ET him all other things being equal. THE AREA UNDER THE CURVE IS KEY!!! Where does your first 400 rwhp kick in? What about all that torque? Joe is building me an alum block 409, I am not so concerned about peak rwhp as I am about the area under the curve. I wants gobs of low end torque to move my sled out of the 60' range, then I start to worry about HP and where it peaks. What r your specs for your car and engine? Congrats Joe. 450 through an A4 is not easy, I think JS can attest to that.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:40 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BEAR,I dont know what u meant by your snide comment but I think someone who has run 11.9 AT BEST should keep his mouth shut....

I've already run 11.1@122
Remember that bro...

Search this Thread