Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to go next...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to go next...

I'm trying to decide what I want to do next... I'm thinking about some heads (really not sure which ones still researching) and a fast intake. The car was purchased with most of these done already (minus the rear) suggestions or comments? I never had the car dynoed so I don't what numbers she puts down atm

Mods so far

Vigilante 3200 Torque Converter with Tranny Cooler,
Jet-Hot Long Tube Headers Coated and Jet-Hot Off Road Y-pipe Coated, Cutout, Moser 12 bolt 3.73 gears, 02 LS6 Z06 cam
02 LS6 valve springs, SLP LS6 oil pump, SLP LS6 Intake manifold,
Ported and Polished Throttle Body, HyperTech III (used to adjest speedometer for 3.73 gears, Adjust Rev. Limiter for extra power due to cam -set at 6500rpms, 160degree thermostate) Granatelly Mass Air Flow, Powershot Air Filter (rewashable),160 Thermostat
Old 11-06-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are happy with that cam, I'd do a set of heads.

If you don't mind swapping that cam out, I'd get a larger cam so you can take advantage of some new better flowing heads.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

I'd guess somewhere around 350RWHP now with the A4. If you're going to install heads, I would go with a better camshaft too. Of course, you'll want to match it to your converter.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Teching In

I was thinking about a better cam to go with the heads because I wasn't sure if the current cam would be up to the task. I know there are tons and tons of threads about cams and I still don't know which one to get. It took me a few months to finally decide on rims probably longer to decide on a cam and head combo heh
Old 11-06-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheLS1Kid
If you are happy with that cam, I'd do a set of heads.

If you don't mind swapping that cam out, I'd get a larger cam so you can take advantage of some new better flowing heads.
Quoted for emphasis. I'd just find a nice set of heads unless down the road you think you'll want some more power. If that is the case, put a bigger cam in the car.