Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice from the gurus here

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice from the gurus here

Early next year I plan on upgrading my '02 SS M6 for more power with a budget of between 5K and 7K. My current mods are in my sig. I know that this has been beaten to death but after researching this for almost a year I am still undecided (and confused) on which direction that I want to pursue. Hell, I though that it would be easy to decide but I have learned that there are as many choices as there are people in the world. I can't decide on a H/C/LT/Tune or a SC/TB/Tune. My HP goal is 500RWHP. If I go NA, then I want to be able to put some nitrous to it eventually for that little extra oomph when necessary. Some say upgrade fuel injectors, some don't. Some say upgrade fuel pump and some don't.

My car will not be daily driven and I don't want it idling rough. I also don't want it to be any louder than it already is. I was leaning towards SC/TB but I have read that the stock internals need to be upgraded first. Also, most SC kits that I have seen are very expensive and would consume most of my budget. Which direction would you guys recommend in order to achieve my HP goal? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

500RWHP with the stock short block while maintaining a smooth idle and not being loud ain't gonna happen with a cam and some heads. Forced induction would get you there, but you will probably go well over your budget. Have you thought about doing a H/C setup that will put you around 425 RWHP and then spraying it? You can still have decent idle, and make your 500RWHP goal (when you want it) AND stay within your budget, provided you do the work yourself. Just my $.02 Best of luck to you.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Finish the boltons make sure it has cats and get a quiet thunder catback from bassani. i have one with no cats and lts and it is quiet.

choose a cam like the cheatr cam. it has a smooth idle and gives good power to 6800 or the old man cams from thunder. MTI has the stealth cams as well.

get a good fuel system walbro, 36 lb/hr, and boost a pump

get a complete tnt f2 125 wet shot. guages, heater, remote bottle opener,purge, fuel pressure safety switch, window switch and any other goodies for nitrous.

get some BFG DRs in the back

tune

save the rest for some good heads and forged internals so you can spray the hell out of it

Last edited by 00cls1camaross; 12-21-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks to both of you and you have confirmed what I have come up with. I have looked at the Cheatr H/C package from Thunder Racing since I can use the stock manifolds. The cost is $2500. I also planned on upgrading my fuel injectors to 36 lbs (cost $300) and getting a HSW complete setup with the before-mentioned items. HSW quoted me around $800. This setup will leave me plenty of room for tuning and any misc that I might need.

One more question. I'm not quite sure that I want to tackle a H/C install by myself but the nitrous wouldn't bother me at all. Any idea what the labor would be for a H/C install and tune? Thanks again.