Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS3 in fully stock car ???

Old 12-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS3 in fully stock car ???

I plan on eventually doing a full head / cam upgrade on my 02 Camaro. But i've got the heads in mind, and I've got enough cash right now to purchase the cam. I know i really "shouldent" put JUST a cam in, and wait for the heads. But I wanna go fast now, not later.

I'll be adding the heads later and doing a handfull of mods over the next year.

But basically what I'm wondering is what will I need to run the MS3 Cam in a bone stock 02 Z28. I WILL be doing full exhaust and intake and a handful of other mods, i'm just looking for the bare minimum... thanks!

Do the stock heads have enough clearance?

What would you recommend.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you put the cam in, then get the heads, you're gonna be doing the job twice. It would be way better to just wait until you have everything then do it.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

That's basically what I'm going to do here in just a few weeks as soon as the garage opens up. With what you ARE going to be doing that'll be just fine, but you NEED to upgrade your valvesprings over the stock ones. While you are doing that just pick up a kit with the chromemoly pushrods for a little bit more money and security. The stock heads have enough clearence for this cam, but it is always better to check PTV. Just because it works fine on one car doesn't mean that it will for the next one. You may want to look into getting a gear for the rearend to get into the powerband of this cam, you'll thank me later.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

The lunati voodoo cams are fantastic!! Check out the one in my sig. Not to many people have them on this site. You will be very impressed!!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

follow my sig i plan on doing heads soon, and its not really doing the whole job over if you do heads in the future. Just slap the cam in you will be happy with the power for a little bit.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If your not doing at least the exhaust at the same time, leave the MS3 out of the car.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:32 AM
Launching!

He said he plans to do full exhaust at the same time. Like mentioned before you will just need the cam and spring kit (I too reccomend pushrods). There are a lot of cam only cars that run real hard I don't have numbers from mine but it runs hard on the street.

Search this Thread