Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on cam, and cam install

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need advice on cam, and cam install

Gonna try a cam install around feb for the birthday. could be the last mod for a long time, (baby on the way) so i don't want to go wrong. Who makes a good cam? i have heard that the tsp cams are good , and so far looks like im going with one of them , but what other choices are there? A friend of mine had the t2, but i want to go more aggressive than that. Want a good power all the way through the rpms. Could i get some advice with some numbers, mods, cars manners, Install tips, etc. Never done a cam install , but I'm fairly mechanically inclined.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do yourself a favor and get the installer kit for the crank bolt. Nothing will ruin your day like a stuck crank bolt....well except for stripped crank threads, that is
Old 12-30-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well id follow the ls1howto.com install guide for starters. secondly, make sure you have all the neccessary parts. TSP makes a package tht includes most everything. the perfect cam for you depends on your hp goals and what you wanna do with the car.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

ms3,g5x3,t-rex all work great. wen i was cam only i had the x3 and it was great, i then got a t-rex and it was even better.