Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trickflow performance head and cam package.has anyone got it from summit

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool trickflow performance head and cam package.has anyone got it from summit

i have a 98 a4 z28 stock for now. the only thing i have is slp lid , cold air intake, loud mouth and a transgo shift kit.nothing else..my best time so far is 13.7 at 107mph....i have the money and wanted to beef it up..so i see in summit catalog they have this 485-515hp with 460 tq rating head and cam package..just wanted to know has anyone purchased this package....how is the drivibility and the performance. and whats your 1/4 times.---oh yea is there any other similar packages maybe cheaper with the similar or better performance.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TFS 215's are one of the best flowing heads on the market for a LS1/6. I am trying to scrounge for a set now. Great low lift flow #'s (= torque) and sick over 600 lift ( TEA ported especially). I have looked at that package and it is not a bad deal since it includes rockers. If you want to go with a non GM cast head it is hard to beat. AFR's are also top notch if you wanna look there. Damn I want TFS heads!!!

Keep in mind those HP #'s are obviously fly wheel hp #'s so you can subtract 13% or so(m-6) to nearly 15%-20% (with an a4 + stall+ gears) to get your rwhp. Gears affect dyno #''s too. If you can get into TFS heads do it. You won't be disappointed!. You can prolly get a better cam to match if you look around on your own. The ones they sell with it don't reach the heads potential and don't get everything the heads offer but are prolly very good DD cams. One of the advantages of those heads is great PTV clearance which allows you to run a bigger cam than stock heads can handle without flycutting (no compression loss either). The good low lift #'s keep torque high when lesser heads may struggle.

Realize you are going to need better intake (ls6 minimum, fast 90/90 preferred) hotter cam (224 or hotter), headers, ORY (or hi flow/gutted cats), 3" catback to get the most out of those heads. Then the other stuff, (12 bolt rear and stronger tranny) to keep up with the added HP/torque. You can wait on the rear and tranny till you start breakin stuff HAHA. F- bodies are so much fun!!!

These things can be made to handle too. Buy some Sam Strano swaybars, springs and Koni's and have an all around Street Machine. That's what I am puttin on this week so I'll let you know my results. I've already driven one though so I know what to expect. Why didn't GM just do a lot of this **** in the first place!!

Last edited by SOMbitch; 01-02-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Launching!

texas speed has heads and cam packages starting around 1500 i beleive and you will make the same power at a cheaper price, and i may be wrong those hp numbers are rated at the flywheel not the wheels. check out the there website and the 2.5 5.3L heads. im looking at those heads with a 228/228 cam and they were telling me with those heads and cam paired with the ls6/p&p tb i would be i the 430-440 range to the wheels.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

To the OP I am running the trick flow stg 3 camshaft and trick flow pushrods, basicly Im running everything that comes in that kit minus the heads. I was going to buy the heads but, ran low on funds once I bought all of the other supporting mods that I would need, I am running patriot stg 2 heads with 59cc chambers out of the box untouched. I laid down some decent numbers but, I think I would have made a little more power with the tfs heads. That package is an exellent package and I think trick flow did their homework on it. I love the patriot heads I think patriot has some of the best customer service bar none, I just think that I would have made a little more power with the tfs heads over the patriots.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

what about livernois motorsport..do they have any good packages put together...thanks for the responses,,has anyone got a head and cam package from livernois...
Old 01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Launching!

their heads are really good... haven't heard to much on cam shafts... had a friend with a 224r and Stage 2 heads ran reallly song
Old 01-02-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dayuuum allthrottle! Those are great #'s. I hope i am in the same ballpark after getting my stuff done. When i see how good you do I want to stay on budget but it seems to me you are the exception. Cross my fingers my car responds as well as yours!!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Dayuuum allthrottle! Those are great #'s. I hope i am in the same ballpark after getting my stuff done. When i see how good you do I want to stay on budget but it seems to me you are the exception. Cross my fingers my car responds as well as yours!!
Really? I didnt think they were that great, Ive seen other guys making about 30 to 40 more hps to the wheels. I think I made some decent tq numbers though. I hope your car does well too! let me know what you put down.