Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I buy?

Ill try not to take much of you guys time...I have always been a muscle car fan, and i have always owned fox body mustangs. The one i have now is a 91 hatch with a dss forged 306, s-trim blower@10psi, afr heads, trick flow cam + intake...bbk stainless long tubes...tremec tko, mini tubs blah blah blah, anyways, i can granny shift the car to 11 flat at 127mph...This car is streetable, and i drive it at least 2 days a week... Im about to buy another car, and i want something nice and a little more practical, you know...nice ride, not so loud you cant hear the cd player you have, something that i wouldnt care to drive everyday....but i still want it to be pretty quick...in other words im still gonna have my fox in the garage, so it dosent have to be a street superstar or anything...Im either gonna buy another mustang or a camaro/transam/firebird lt1/ls1... We all know, even me, that 4.6 2v gt mustangs dont run worth a ****...so the mustang im talking about will probally be a 4v cobra(not 03-04 terminator), or a mach1...which would run pretty damn good, nothing like my fox...but you know what i mean...the only thing is, a 4v is gonna cost me a pretty penny, i could get a lt1 for less than half price, or a ss ls1 for about the same...what would you guys recommend...i know most of you will be biased towards the gm side...but please, dont give me any post on how a N/A 4v cobra wont run with an LS1, i know its an ls1 site, but keep in mind, i like camaros too, im not a ford guy, im a muscle car guy.....opinions
Old 01-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Launching!

maybe im just to tired but i cant really make sense of this.it sounds like ur asking what we think is better a 4v mustang or an lt1/ls1 camaro...if thats the case im not a mustang hater but i would perfer a stock camaro over a stock mustang.for many reasons.i think camaros are more comfortable and a little more luxurious than a mustang. honestly i love the ls1s but i have seen lt1s last longer than ls1s most of the time..but most of these camaros are beat and in that case iron is stronger than the aluminum.if that makes any sense
Old 01-28-2008, 12:47 AM

Yeah man, i know what you mean... im probally gonna go out with my daily driver and grab a 99-02 COBRA, or a SS LS1...i know there both nice... damn this is difficult, keep in mind though that im gonna keep them both pretty close to stock, you know...cpu flash, headers, exaust, and some gear...the cobras are nice inside too, i just dont know which too get...please more opinions...
Old 01-28-2008, 12:53 AM

By the way, do you guys have any close to stock 1/4 mile numbers on an SS, the only expeirience ive had with the way the run is my friends z28ls1 with bolt ons which i know is probally a bit faster, arent they like 325hp stock...but how do they run...the biggest turn off to me on the SS is shear weight...thats why im a huge true street 5.0 fan
Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Launching!

that all depends on where u are racing..numbers you will generally see is mid-high 12's all the way up to almost 14
Old 01-28-2008, 01:10 AM

What do you guys think would be the best mix between fast, and manners... By the way SSMOKIN, if your "waiting to get blown", go VORTECH, i had a 9 sec full weight 92'mustang lx coupe less than a year ago, 302 to 363 stroker in a dart block....9,000rpm, and i burned up 2 prochargers, and a novi 2000...went to a T-trim vortech and never a problem, the fox i have now has an s-trim, no problems, of course it looks like your wanting a little more boost than an s-trims efficent for, get a T or a YSi vortech...im figureing your not planning twin screw, i know there not worth a **** on a 302/351, 4v 281, thats a different story, maybe there the **** on a LSx engine too, im just saying if your going centrifical, go vortech...