Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part number for LS1 shortblock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part number for LS1 shortblock?

Looking for an oem LS1 short block. I can't seem to get a line on them. Does GMPP have a part number for them? I have all I need to build it to oem specs. The plan is to build it, bag it, store it until I return my C5 to stock in a year. Then swap out the 403 for a different project and sell the vette.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I know, GM Parts doesn't sell just a short block anymore. I had been looking for a LQ9 short block for my Suburban, but couldn't find a listing for any short block motors, only long blocks.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Topgun
As far as I know, GM Parts doesn't sell just a short block anymore. I had been looking for a LQ9 short block for my Suburban, but couldn't find a listing for any short block motors, only long blocks.
Yes, that's my problem too. I wonder why they don't offer a short. Maybe they don't consider the LS1/6 short block a performance item? I looked in the catalog and found all the parts to make a short but that would be much more expensive than buying one ready to go, not to mention I'd have to get it machined, and by then I'd be better off going forged, but I don't want to put a forged motor in as an oem replacement.