Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cylinder Head Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cylinder Head Help

I have a 2000 Trans Am that is basically stock except for long tube headers and a LS6 intake. I am pulling my driver's side head off this weekend due to the threads being cross threaded for 2 of the spark plugs. What I am wondering is if it is worth it to try and repair the head or just replace them. I do not plan on doing a cam in the car any time soon and if I replace them I would like to put something better then stock on but with out spending tons of money. I have seen the Dart heads and the Patriot LS6 heads and would like to get some opinions and if anyone has used them what they needed to change to make them work. I am also open to other recommendations. I tried searching to try and answear my questions but I ended up a little confused. Thanks in advance.
Steve
Old 02-05-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd try to tap it out first if it were me. But if you go new heads I'd just get a cam to go along with it.
Or you might be able to find a used set of heads of a stock car I know I have some in my shed right now I'm shure many guys do thier not worth anything realy.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually not a big deal to fix. If you're not comfortable doing it, take it to the nearest machine shop.