Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a problem and need some help

Old 07-11-2003, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a problem and need some help

Last night I went drag racing, on the 1st the Car came outta the hole well for the poorly prepped track, went throught all 1st through 3rd gears fine but when i shifted into 4th the car just shut off. I poped the car outta gear and let it coast, I tried to start the car back up but it wouldnt start up so i made the turn off road with and tried to fire it up again but it wasnt working so i pulled off on the grass on the other side of the turn off road. I opened the hood and didnt see anything and looked under the car and no fluid or anythign was underneath the car. I tried to start up the car again and it acted like it was gonna start but then died. After about 5 min I tred to start the car again and it worked but a little smoke came up from under the car so i cut it off, then after another 5 or 10 min i started up the car again and it acted normal except for when you drive it amd put some RPM in the motor a ticking noise starts comming from the drivers side of the motor. THe only codes it thre were p0480 and p0481 which it had thrown before I took the car to the drag strip. I know those are the fan relay codes, but the fans were stillworking and comming on and off like normal. I Think there is either an electrical short, mabey something to do with the fan relays? or possibly a bent pushrod? I just aint sure about the bent pushrod b/c I didnt over rev the motor. Any adivse or help would be greatly appericated.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Got a problem and need some help

Uh oh. Ticking sound from the motor is never good. You didn't miss a shift so I highly doubt you bent a pushrod.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

TTT i need some help on this.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like you at least tapped the rev limiter. You probably bent a couple of push rods and maybe wiped out a few rocker arms.

Search this Thread