Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converting to an auto., will I need to do anything with...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 11:41 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Converting to an auto., will I need to do anything with...

the degree of the cam? Im running the C2 cam from MTI and I noticed that a lot of people with autos usually get the 114 lsa, but my cam has the 112 lsa and I installed it straight up. Will I need to advance or retard it any? Will I be ok with a 112 lsa in an auto? Why do people with autos go with the 114 instead of the 112? I'll be running a 200-R4, I dont know if that matters or not, but I figured why not throw it in. This particular tranny isnt computer controlled. Thanks
Old 07-12-2003, 11:47 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Converting to an auto., will I need to do anything with...

Lobe seperation is fairly different to the degree of the cam. The degreeing of the cam has aboslutly zero to do with lobe seperation.

Short answer, no.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:41 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Converting to an auto., will I need to do anything with...

My mistake! I meant to say, I see that a lot of guys running the 114 lsa on autos and M6 guys running the 112. Well my cam has the 112 lsa, but I will be converting to a 200-R4 soon. I was wondering why guys with autos pick the 114 lsa over the 112. What does the lsa have to do with what type of tranny youre running? I believe my cam had no advance or retard ground into it and I just installed it straight up. It seems to be doing fine to me, Im not even sure when a cam needs to be advanced or retarded. I picked up 52rwhp with the cam and valvetrain only, so Im assuming that I put it in right! Will I need to mess with it when I convert or does it have nothing to do with what tranny Im running? Also, will I be ok with the 112 lsa when I get the 200-R4 in? Lastly, dumb question...but when you advance or retard a cam, is that considered degreeing it? Thanks