Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some QUICK Help .. Crankshaft Pulley Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some QUICK Help .. Crankshaft Pulley Question

Changing the Crank Pulley on an LS6 in my 02' Z28. Just need to know if it matters how the crank pulley goes back on. Some cars will vibrate very bad if its put back on incorrectly.

Thanks for the help,
Alex
Old 03-09-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Not sure If I understand you correctly but you can just line it up and press it on. Do you have the tool to install it?
Old 03-09-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Does not matter where you line up the pulley since it is not keyed. I used a very little amount of anti-seize, lined it and pushed it on so it was square then started pressing it on. I used a 7 or 8 inch section of all thread with several washers that fit inside the pulley's center face. Double nutted the all thread and locked the flex plate on the tranny and pushed it on. Takes alot of torque to get it on. Once it was pretty much all the way on, I switched to the new bolt and pulled like a bitch on a 250 ft lb torque wrench. Pulled to ~ 240 ft lbs and that was about all I could get. Checked alignment and belted it up. No problems with it at all. I did screw up and bottomed out the all thread on the crank threads and lucked out and didn't destroy the threads. It did F-Up the threads on the all thread though. Luckily, I could use the other end. Take your time, it will go.