Sponsored by:

Heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads

Just checking to see if i can get some help

On my 95 trans am im about to change head gaskets since one is leaking. Do i need to change the intake gaskets etc. Or can i just change the head gasket and bolts. Im real short on money and i have seen places that sell just kits for like 300 dollars and places that sell gaskets for around 16 dollars and bolts around the same. PLease let me know so i know everything i need to buy and dont get any suprises.

Thanks
Billy
Old 07-23-2003, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Heads

champ, I had a 95 vette that i did heads on, and the intake about 5 times becuase of a persistant oil leak, the gaskets are kinda like paper, they dodnt usually stick and tear when you pull the intake off, but i would go to an auto zone and get just the felpro head gaskets and just the intake gaskets. I didnt replace the head bolts on mine, you can reuse them. I know a little trick that can help to, I blew a haed gasket using nos once. I found the bad gasket and only pulled that head off. I left the intake on the motor, all I did was unbolt it from the head and the head will pul straight up and out. I dont know if you will have enough room to do this on your ta. good luck anyway
Old 07-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Heads

How do u determine wich head is leaking?
I still may end up taking it someone to do but we will see depending on finaces and how much help i get.

BIlly