Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

overheating after cam swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overheating after cam swap

About a week after my cam swap I pulled into work and popped hood to show a coworker some stuff and i shut the car off. then coolant started coming out of the overflow cap. it wasnt over heating, its was at 210. so i topped the radiator of and ran it for a while with the heater on and it was all ok. well last night (about two weeks after the first incident) my car started to overheat intermittently. so im geuss there is an airbubble trapped somewhere. well i went to work today and got a coolant transfusion machine and pulled all the coolant out and put the system into a vacuum to hopefully remove all air bubbles. with the vacuum present i then allowed the system to suck new coolant in and repeated this process until the system was full, while having the engine running with the heater blasting. left work and drove aorund for while, everything was great..210. perfect. when i pulled up to my house and shut my car off, as i was walking to my door coolant started coming out of the reservior.......i just shook my head and continued inside my house. does anyone have any idea what is going on here?
Old 03-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Launching!

I would try a new radiator cap , maybe yours is weak and is not able to hold the pressure .
Old 03-29-2008, 04:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would try getting all the air bubbles out "again". then a new cap. might wanna check the wiring to the fans too.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

alright ill try that out, thank yall
Old 03-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

wow...i got my head out of my *** now. i dont know why i didnt catch this earlier, but when i want back together after the install, i got the throttle body coolant hose and the overflow hose in each others place. ha. everythings ok now. thanks anyways